What’s hot in travel for 2018? We’ve asked our clients, read the research reports, and come up with our predictions of hot spots for next year. Which ones will you visit in 2018?
1. South Korea. The 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang has given this city an increase in hotel bookings of 2175%. We predict once people visit this modern city, they’ll keep coming back.
2. Cuba. With a huge intake of visitors in 2017, the popularity of Cuba doesn’t look like it will slow down. More and more cruise lines are incorporating Cuba into their itineraries and this is a great way to visit the country.
3. USA & Canada. The trend is for winter holidays to the USA and Canada. Taking advantage of the cheaper accommodation and less crowded attractions, Aussies are opting for a white Christmas.
4. Sri Lanka. Bookings to Sri Lanka in 2017 substantially increased, and it looks like 2018 growth will be strong for this fantastic destination. Combine the Golden Triangle with a relaxing few days at the beach.
5. Maldives. Australians passion for this destination hasn’t slowed down, with bookings into 2018 already very strong. With lots of earlybird specials and All Inclusive packages, couples are loving this tropical destination.
6. Portugal. Portugal has come into its own with 7 new Michelin Star restaurants awarded in 2017, several new beautifully designed museums, a recognised microbrewery scene and affordable accommodation. No wonder this country is looking like a star for 2018.
See Cherry’s current packages here.