Style: Culture & History, Self-Drive
Iceland Ring Road Highlights 7 Night Self-Drive Holiday (Land Only)
Revkjavik to Revkjavik
Discover Iceland’s unique character & rich natural beauty on this independent self-drive tour. Our comfort self-drives offer you the chance to travel around Iceland in a worry free spirit, staying in accommodation with private facilities without. Throughout your stay you‘ll be residing in a combination of superior hotels, farmhouses and guesthouses. Your final night will be in a 4 star hotel in Reykjavik.
Ask us for pricing for the best airfares from your departure location, additional nights, room upgrades and travel outside the validity dates.
On arrival into Reykjavik, pick up your car and begin your Iceland experience. From Keflavik Airport and head towards the charming village of Hverageroi. The village is one of the few sites in the world located directly on top of a geothermal area and because of its many greenhouses heated by hot water from nearby springs it is often called the flower village.
Your hotel: Hotel Ork
Today's highlights include Þingvellir National Park, a place of great geological and historical interest, the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir hot-spring area. Drive along the south shore, viewing Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, the black sand beaches around Vík and Mýrdalsjökull glacier. (B)
Your hotel: Vik Edda Hotel or similar
Drive through the village of Kirkjubæjarklaustur, explore Skaftafell National Park, a green oasis nestling below the great Vatnajökull glacier surrounded by black desert sands. Continue to Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon and onwards to the charming harbor town of Höfn, known as the lobster capital of northern Europe. (B)
Your hotel: Höfn Edda Hotel or similar
Drive along the rugged coastline of the East Fjords with their towering mountains and charming fishing villages. On the way you have the option of taking a boat tour to Papey Island where thousands of puffins nest in the summer or visit Petra's famous collection of local stones and minerals at Stöðvarfjörður. (B)
Your hotel: Herao Icelandair Hotel or similar
Travel across Möðrudalsöræfi highlands renowned for their stark, untouched beauty towards Dettifoss, Europe's mightiest waterfall. Visit the magnificent horseshoe-shaped canyon Ásbyrgi. Drive onwards to Tjörnes peninsula and the friendly Húsavík fishing port. (B)
Your hotel: Sel Hotel Mývatn or similar
Explore highlights of the Lake Mývatn area, including the mystical volcanic formations at Dimmuborgir, the pseudo craters at Skútustaðir, the colorful sulfurous slopes of Námaskarð and Krafla volcanic area. Drive to Goðafoss waterfall, the capital of the north Akureyri or Skagafjörður area. (B)
Your hotel: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri or similar
Drive through the historical region of Skagafjörður renowned for horse breeding. You have an option of visiting the old farmstead at Glaumbær a great example of old Icelandic architecture. Continue to the bay of Húnaflói and across Holtavörðuheiði plateau, enter Borgarfjörður area. Return to Reykjavík in the evening. (B)
Your hotel: Grand Hotel Reykjavík or similar
This tour ends after breakfast with car drop off at the airport. (B)
Travel Validity Dates & Pricing
- Accommodation for 7 nights with private facilities and daily breakfast as detailed in the itinerary
- Rental car for 7 days (4WD is required for Kjolur highland track) with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Free GPS and no charges for an additional driver
- Use of tablet with digital travel app (containing interactive road maps and itinerary, detailed travel guide and more)
- Access to a 24-hour emergency phone line
- Services fees and taxes.
Options to upgrade to a Superior package and upgrade vehicle are available.
Call 1300 15 91 15 or click here for a personalised quote.
Where You'll Be Staying
The Fine Print
* Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation and exclude airfares. All prices are subject to availability and currency fluctuations and can change without notice. All prices based on low season, supplements apply for higher seasons or special events. All room types are lead-in room category. Prices are ‘from’ and are the lowest available at time of publication. Ask a consultant for exact pricing, dates, full inclusions and availability. If hotel is unavailable, a similar standard hotel will be recommended. Local city taxes may apply, which will need to be paid locally. Terms and conditions apply to car hire. Fuel is additional expense. Cancellation, amendment and change fees will apply. Other conditions apply. Payment by credit or debit card incurs a surcharge.
3, 6, 9 or 12 Months Interest Free* Payment Options Available!
Please ask your consultant for more details. *Interest free finance is applied only to promotional transactions for the specified period. Balances outstanding at the end of the promotional period will form part of the normal account balances and will accrue interest at the cash advance rate current at the time. Monthly repayments are required and calculated at 3% of the outstanding balance or $20, whichever is higher. Lending criteria, terms and conditions, fees, and charges apply and are available on application. Annual fee of $79. Minimum purchase amount $500. Offer available everyday. Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. Australian credit licence 232595.
Pay for your travel using your Membership Rewards points~
~ Available to eligible Card Members whose Card is issued by American Express and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the ‘pay’ component of your reward will be automatically billed to your Primary Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. Each participating helloworld travel agency is independently owned. Travel Agent service charges may apply. Subject to hotel and airline availability.