Style: Active, Self-Drive
Los Angeles to Las Vegas to San Francisco 10 Night Self-Drive Holiday (Land Only)
Cherry Handmade Holiday
Fly into Los Angeles and enjoy the sights and experiences of this dynamic city for 2 nights. Then collect your hire car and head for the bright lights of Las Vegas. The drive time from Los Angeles to Las Vegas is approximately 4.5 hours. However, the traffic getting out of LA can often be gridlocked (at any time of the day or night), so you may take an extra hour just to get out of the city. Sometimes you’ll get no traffic at all and be able to do the drive in around 4 hours.
If you want to see a couple of sights on the way, you can detour off the Interstate 15 and visit some incredible locations. Our recommendations are Death Valley National Park (the hottest place on Earth); visit the town of Riverside and stop for lunch at the historic Mission Inn and Spa; or stop at the town of Barstow for some discount outlet shopping. We recommend 3 nights in Las Vegas, but you can add to this if you wish.
The drive via Santa Barbara to San Francisco from Las Vegas along Highway 101 is one of the world’s great drives. Head to Santa Clarita from Las Vegas to miss Los Angeles traffic madness, then onto Santa Barbara. This will take about 6 hours. This is an iconic drive and very picturesque. Overnight at Santa Barbara. You can then do a bit of sightseeing around Santa Barbara the next morning then head to Monterey in the afternoon for a 1 night stay.
Between Santa Barbara and Monterey there are many highlights such as Cambria, seeing the elephant seals near Piedras Blancas, the vineyards around Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach or Pismo Beach. This drive will take around 4 hours, but you may like to meander and do some sightseeing. You might also want to hop onto Hwy 154 from Hwy 101 as it is a scenic two-lane route going through the Santa Ynez valley, or through Solvang town.
There is also plenty to see around the Monterey area such as Point Lobos State Reserve and 17 Mile Drive (including Pebble Beach). So you may wish to check out some of these sites before driving onto San Francisco. The drive to San Francisco is only around 2 hours.
A popular option after this itinerary is to have a beach break on the way home in Hawaii. Options for a 3 night Hawaii stopover on the way home appear below. Ask for pricing for additional nights.
Choose your hotel standard or 3, 4 or 5 star, or perhaps you’d like to do a mixture depending on the location. Just let us know and we can quote this for you.
Ask for us the best airfares from your departure location, additional nights or changes to the itinerary to suit your personal preferences.
10 Night Self-Drive USA West Coast Itinerary
Travel Validity Dates & Pricing
- Private sedan transfer from Los Angeles airport to hotel
- 2 Nights accommodation in Los Angeles in your choice of 3, 4 or 5 star hotel
- 5 Days car hire in a Compact Class car with airconditioning, auto, pick up Los Angeles downtown, drop off San Francisco downtown
- 3 Nights accommodation in Las Vegas in your choice of 3, 4 or 5 star hotel
- 1 Night accommodation in Santa Barbara in your choice of 3, 4 or 5 star hotel
- 1 Night accommodation in Monterey in your choice of 3 or 4 star hotel (5 star not available)
- 3 Nights accommodation in San Francisco in your choice of 3, 4 or 5 star hotel
- Private sedan transfer from San Francisco hotel to airport.
Add on a 3 night stay in Honolulu, Hawaii:
- 3 Nights accommodation in Honolulu in your choice of 3, 4 or 5 star hotel
- Return seat in coach airport/hotel transfers:
Ask us about option extras including car hire upgrade, Grand Canyon helicopter flights and more.
Call 1300 15 91 15 or click here for a personalised quote.
Where You'll Be Staying
The Fine Print
* Ask for the best pricing for your travel dates. We can customise to your requirements. Discounts may apply for groups of 8 people or more. Monterey does not have a suitable 5 star hotel-5 star package will stay in 4 star hotel. Hotels listed are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar quality hotels. Package may be altered at client request to change hotels and/or inclusions and will be priced accordingly. Prices may vary for other dates and will be quoted specifically for your travel dates. Transfers in Los Angeles and San Francisco are one way in a private sedan. Transfers in Honolulu are return in a shared coach. Car hire is for 5 days pick up downtown Los Angeles, return San Francisco downtown. Compact class car, auto with airconditioning. Drivers must be over 25 years of age and hold a relevant drivers licence. We recommend obtaining an international drivers licence before departing. We strongly recommend travel insurance. Payment by credit or debit card incurs a surcharge.
3, 6, 9 or 12 Months Interest Free* Payment Options Available!
Please ask your consultant for more details. *Interest free finance is applied only to promotional transactions for the specified period. Balances outstanding at the end of the promotional period will form part of the normal account balances and will accrue interest at the cash advance rate current at the time. Monthly repayments are required and calculated at 3% of the outstanding balance or $20, whichever is higher. Lending criteria, terms and conditions, fees, and charges apply and are available on application. Annual fee of $79. Minimum purchase amount $500. Offer available everyday. Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. Australian credit licence 232595.
Pay for your travel using your Membership Rewards points~
~ Available to eligible Card Members whose Card is issued by American Express and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the ‘pay’ component of your reward will be automatically billed to your Primary Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. Each participating helloworld travel agency is independently owned. Travel Agent service charges may apply. Subject to hotel and airline availability.