Celebration Holidays are a strong trend this year. Families, couples and friends are coming together to celebrate milestone birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons, family reunions and even bucks and hens parties. Multi-generational groups particularly have been on the increase in the past 12 months.
These are some of our most popular destinations for enjoying a special celebratory getaway.
1. Thailand. Villas are very popular in Phuket for larger groups, Bangkok is a hit for bucks parties and Koh Samui is great for couples.
2. Bali. We’ve seen a lot of younger female groups heading to Bali for hens weeks, 21st birthdays and the like. The raft of new trendy resorts is perfect for groups. Then of course there are the thousands of beautiful pool villas to choose from, which are great for multi-family get togethers and multi-generational groups. It’s also still a great holiday for couples.
3. Mauritius. Particularly popular with travellers from Perth as it’s a direct 8.5hr flight, but still easily accessible from the East Coast. Mauritius attracts a large honeymoon and anniversary market, but it has many family-friendly resorts, so is also a good choice for taking along the grandparents.
4. Hamilton Island. This destination has always been popular with couples and families, but the houses and apartments on Hamilton Island make it perfect for group celebrations also.
5. Maldives. This glamourous location is a must-visit for many people. Popular with Europeans for decades, it has only landed on the Australian traveller’s radar in the past 3-4 years. More affordable than ever before, it’s perfect for couples and honeymooners, but there are several resorts that are great for families and multi-generational groups.
6. Italy. The Amalfi Coast, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Rome, Venice and many other fantastic locations in Italy are perfect destinations for honeymooners and couples celebrating birthdays or anniversaries. Italy remains popular year in, year out.
7. USA. New York is on the ‘bucket list’ for many for their milestone anniversary or birthday, as is Route 66 and Highway 1 on the West Coast. Hawaii is always a popular choice with honeymooners.
8. Cruising. This is definitely the preferred option for many multi-generational celebration groups. A great way to satisfy the needs of people of all ages. From popular choices such as Princess Cruises and P&O to more exclusive options such as Seabourn or Silverseas, cruising is a great way to celebrate a special occasion.
9. Fiji. Close to home so easy for groups to assemble. There’s a good choice of accommodation styles and standards, and is very family-friendly.
10. Canada. The Rocky Mountaineer tops many people’s list for their milestone birthday and wedding anniversary celebrations.
View our special occasion packages here, or ask us to make one just for you!