From honeymoons, birthdays and buck’s parties to wedding anniversaries and family reunions, a special occasion is always a good reason to treat yourself to some time away. But then again, who needs an excuse?
It’s the little extras that can make a celebratory getaway something you’ll never forget. Cherry’s got plenty of ideas to make the occasion one to remember, and we’re experts at organising these experiences for you. We’ve planned these holidays to remember from couples to groups of 30, with plenty of unusual, indulgent and unique requests!
These are our top tips on making a holiday truly special.
1. Have a personal chef whip up a three-course dinner by candlelight in the luxury of your room or villa.
2. If you’ve got kids, try a destination with affordable nannies, so you get a break too.
3. A beautiful birthday cake or champagne and chocolates waiting in your room upon arrival.
4. Outsource the boring stuff! If you’re with a group, opt for a private villa with a full staff with housekeepers, chef and driver – and sit back and relax.
5. A surprise helicopter flight for you and your loved one.
6. Start the morning with a glass of champagne in a hot air balloon.
7. A romantic sunset boat cruise.
8. Take a cooking class together to learn how to prepare the local cuisine then feast on your creations.
9. Learn something new together, like making the perfect coffee in Melbourne, traditional fishing in Vietnam or how to Sumo wrestle in Japan.
10. Take a horse ride on the beach or do a tour on a Harley-Davidson.
11. Indulge in a luxury spa day.
12. Try something adventurous you’ll never forget like kite surfing, elephant trekking or white water rafting.
13. Indulge in the best category room you can afford. Always go for a room with a view if you can.
14. Take a private tour with a personal guide. You’ll learn more, experience more, and enjoy the day more.
15. Most importantly – end on a high note. The last thing you do is what you’ll remember the most. So, if you want to splurge on one-way Business Class seat, do it on the way home. Or planning to dine in a Michelin-starred restaurant – lock it in for your final night. If you’re with a group, have that big festive dinner just before you head home.