1. Celebrity chef restaurants. Take the opportunity to dine at some of the world’s great celebrity chef restaurants. But make sure you book well ahead. Try Wolfgang Puck’s ‘Cut’, chef of the century Joel Robuchon’s ‘Joel Robuchon Restaurant’ and ‘L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon’ or Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Bread Street Kitchen’. To name just a few!
2. Singapore Airlines stopover deals. Singapore Airlines will often have $1 stopover deals that include 1 night accommodation. So keep an eye for them, or ask your Cherry consultant to let you know when they are released. They need to be booked when you book your airfares.
3. Cocktail with a view. Book yourself a table at Spago at Marina Bay Sands and enjoy a cold beverage overlooking the whole city and the famous infinity pool.
4. Night Safari. If you haven’t done the Singapore Zoo previously, don’t miss this unique experience. When the sun goes down the wildlife come out to play.
5. Take a free sightseeing tour. Register at the transit area at Changi Airport and head for the free tour booths. The sightseeing tour takes about 5.5 hours.
6. Gardens by the Bay. Shake off any jetlag with a walk through this weird and wonderful park full of 16 storey supertrees and get a ticket to walk along the 128 metre suspension bridge between the trees. Then head for the Cloud Forest.
7. Shopping. Well this one is obvious. Head to Orchard Road for an intense shopping hit. Or if you’re after a different experience, try Emerald Hill, a district of traditional style shophouses.
8. Head for the river. You’ll find concert halls, museums, theatres, shops, restaurants and historic sights, as well as the famous Merlion.
9. Bumboat. Jump on a bumboat and cruise past Boat Quay and Clarke Quay, and see the city from a different perspective.
10. Fort Canning Hill. Take a walk through this historic park where you’ll find ancient artefacts, concert lawns and of course plenty of greenery. There’s also a boutique hotel – Hotel Fort Canning. It’s a great place to discover the history of Singapore. The National Museum is just behind the park, accessible by an escalator.
1 Day or less (transit)
If you don’t feel like leaving the airport, head for a swim at the rooftop pool, visit the butterfly garden, orchid garden, rooftop cactus garden and the extremely cheerful sunflower garden. For kids young and old there’s a 12 metre slide in Terminal 3. If you are happy to leave the airport jump on the free Singapore bus tour.
1 Night stay
Check into your hotel, and head to the Singapore Zoo for the night safari. Next morning get an early start at Gardens by the Bay and if you have time take a wander along the river.
2 Night stay
In addition to the 1 night stay activities, book dinner at Raffles hotel to experience Singapore’s colonial past. The next day you might like to take a tour through Kampon Glam or Little India. Try lunch at one of the many hawker stalls around the city. If time permits head to Emerald Hill.