We think Celebration Holidays are a great way to enjoy some time-out and to reconnect with loved ones. We’ve put together our tips on planning the little details that will make your celebratory getaway an experience you’ll never forget.
1. Take care of the kids. If you’re travelling with kids, make sure you choose somewhere with a kids club or if you’re travelling to the likes of Bali or Thailand, hire yourself a personal nanny for the duration. That way everyone in the family gets to have a good time!
2. Transfers. Get private transfers to and from the airport. No timewasting, no hassle, and creates a great start to the holiday.
3. Lounge access. If you don’t have airline lounge membership, make sure you purchase access to one of the lounges. It’s just that little bit of extra luxury to make the trip feel special.
4. Hire a guide. If you’ve got a group, a private guided tour can be great value, and adds to the indulgent, celebratory feel of the vacation.
5. Hire a chef. Have a personal chef whip up a three-course dinner by candlelight in the luxury of your room or villa. Or if in Thailand or Bali consider hiring a personal chef for your stay if you’ve rented a villa.
6. Treats. Organise a birthday cake or champagne and chocolates waiting in your room upon arrival.
7. Set sail. Take a sunset or sunrise cruise. Preferably with a bottle of champagne!
8. Get cooking. Take a cooking class together to learn how to prepare the local cuisine then feast on your creations.
9. Relax and be pampered. Indulge in a luxury Spa day and treat yourself to massages, pedicures and facials, and even think about getting your hair done for a special night out.
10. Get the adrenalin going. Try something adventurous like kite surfing, elephant trekking or white water rafting.
11. End on a high note. You always remember the last part of your holiday most vividly, so finish with a bang! Upgrade to business class if you can on the way home, have a final dinner somewhere fancy or go see a show.
See all our special occasion packages here, or ask us to help you plan a custom-made holiday.